The extensive experience of Summit’s archaeologists encompasses all phases of archaeological investigations, from assessments of the potential for archaeological sites through full-scale data recovery to mitigate impacts to significant sites. In addition, Summit’s archaeology staff has conducted investigations at sites ranging in date from the precontact era through the historical period in rural and urban areas throughout the Great Basin, Midwestern United States, and Southwestern United States. This wide-ranging background allows Summit to deal effectively with small, straightforward projects as well as large, complex ones.
- Field assessments
- Phase I survey (site identification)
- Phase II evaluations (of National Register eligibility)
- Phase III data recovery (mitigation)
- Cultural resource management plan development
- National Register of Historic Places nominations